Sexual Harassment Cell
The College Internal Committee (CIC) in the New Arts, Commerce and Science College, Parner is reconstituted in 2017 according to the Sexual Harassment at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013’. According to this Act, the CIC adheres to the spirit of VISHAKHA guidelines preceding this legislation in order to address the issues of sexual harassment at workplace in order to
ensure the gender equality. The CIC looks into the complaints of sexual harassment (if received) and also to generate awareness about the same issue. The Act has briefed the constitution of the committees, the process to be followed for registering the complaints and setting inquiry into the complaint defined time period.
What is Sexual Harassment?
An act of sexual harassment includes any one or more of the unwelcome acts or behavior, whether directly or by implication of the following:
- Physical contact, touch and advances; or
- The demand (s) or request for sexual favours; or
- Making sexual colored remarks; or
- Showing pornography/porn pictures, videos; or
- Any unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of sexual nature.
The following circumstances, in addition to or among the other circumstances, if it occurs or are present in relation to or connected with any act or behavior of sexual harassment, may also amount to sexual harassment.
- Implied or explicit promise of preferential treatment in her employment; or
- Implied or explicit threat of detrimental treatment in her employment; or
- Implied or explicit threat about her present or future employment status; or
- Interference with her work or creating and intimidating or offensive or hostile work environment for her; or
- Humiliating treatment likely to affect her health or safety.